How to use GoArmyEd for Credentialing Assistance

GoArmyEd, the Army’s virtual gateway for education, includes the Army COOL credentialing search. The Army believes education is key to soldier’s personal and professional success. GoArmyEd connects soldiers with Army education counselors, schools and tuition assistance. It doesn’t matter where you are stationed. Here’s how to use this portal to find the best certifications and receive credentialing assistance related your current Military Occupational Specialties.
Army COOL Credentials
A credential is often the best way to translate military experience and training into civilian terms. Credentials include certifications from non-government credentialing agencies as well as licenses from non-DoD government agencies.
The Army is proud of its commitment to life-long learning, and the emphasis it places on credentialing will be a benefit for you. GoArmyEd provides the Army COOL website to help you take advantage of this resource.
Getting background information about civilian licensure and certification in general and specific information on individual credentials including eligibility requirements and resources to prepare for a credentialing exam.Identifying licenses and certifications relevant to Army MOSs for enlisted soldiers and Warrant Officers.Learning how to fill gaps between Army training and experience and civilian credentialing requirements.Learning about resources available to Soldiers that can help them gain civilian job credentials.Use this link to find approved NHDoD Army COOL Certifications Related to Your MOS
Credentialing plan
Although it can take several months for universities to prepare you for a traditional college education, passing a credentialing exam takes only a few weeks depending on your experience. While eLearning can be used to refresh your knowledge on certain topics, a live learning experience like NHDoD bootcamp training will help you obtain the credential you need with Test Pass Assurance.
NHDoD offers training in over 74 Army COOL-approved certifications for 167 MOS job titles, with 87 Promotion Points.
This link will take you to MOS Related Credentials that can be added to your Credential Plan
Credentialing Assistance
Army Credentialing Assistance (CA), is available to all eligible active-duty, National Guard, or Army Reserves soldiers. Credentialing Assistance will cover all books, supplies and associatedmaterials for approved training courses and exams. Soldiers can use both Federal Tuition Assistance and Credentialing Assistance (CA) but not both. Credentialing Assistance will pay for all books, supplies, and other materials required for an approved training course and/or exam leading to an ARMY Cool credential.
How do I Qualify for a Job?
Soldiers must meet the basic Federal TA eligibility requirements. Soldiers cannot be flagged by AR 600-8-2. Soldiers cannot be a contracted ROTC scholarship cadet (receiving tuition, fees or room board). Soldiers must have sufficient time to complete the credential before they are able to separate from the Army. Soldiers may start work on their first credential pathway’ after successful completion AIT, WOBC, or BOLC (Tier 1).
The portal allows soldiers to manage their education records including on-duty classes, college classes, testing and support from an Army Education Counselor. The portal is also available to Army civilians for application for civil education, training, and leader development events.
Select your credential from the list of approved Army COOL certifications related to your MOSComplete Credential Plan (For NHDoD training use – Vendor Name: New Horizon Learning Group | URL: sign your Statement of UnderstandingActivate/Reactivate your GoArmyEd account if it is not activeOpen a GoArmyEd Helpdesk case, select “Credentialing Request” as case type and attach completed Credential Plan at least 30 business days before the class/exam start date (Read: How to Submit a CA Helpdesk Case)For reference the NHDoD school training code is: NH002Add a note to the GoArmyEd Helpdesk case and attach digitally signed SOUIf you need assistance or would like a DoD training expert to assist you with your request, contact us here.
Your Credential Plan and CA request will be routed to ACCESS ArmyU, who will review your request. If there are any questions or issues with your request, you will be contacted. Once your CA request has been approved, you will be notified by email.
After applying for CA, enroll in training to take your credential exam.
Register an Individual
Search for certification training courses on our New Horizons website. Request a quote via NHDoD Request a Page. Once you have registered for training, you will be sent an email confirmation by New Horizons Learning Group. Not all NHLG courses are available on the Army COOL portal. For more information, contact [email protected]
Register for a Group
GoArmyEd benefits can also be used to purchase Private Group Training. This is ideal for training small and large groups at your location, over the Internet, or at a location of your choosing. Contact us for more details.

You Might Also Like